Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Virtual

Broadband and 3G has made my life easier but it also has made myself can’t be far from my laptop and mobile. The pull of technology is too strong – far too strong until I realize that I have many virtual relations.

I share my love to my sister and brother by showing them love and hug emoticon without actually able to hug them;
I can see someone that I miss by video call without actually see directly to their eyes or able to touch;
I do everyday messenger to my colleagues without saying any single word even they only sit 2 meters away from me;
Also I say I miss you by simply search name at phone book and press yes to call button without any real romantic scene.

Does not mean I am lonely, but I think I have to force my life to be more in “reality”. Go out more often, more to gym rather chat at home, buy something in the shop rather shop online, and more to hang out with friend rather do Skype conference.

I don’t want one day I only can sleep with my virtual partner, which can’t be used if there is no electricity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is always a time when technology helps especially when distance is too far to meet in Darling Harbour often or jump on the Manly Ferry or even stop to eat special treats in Ubud, not to mention sitting on the Beach in Bali whilst enjoying a good dinner of fresh fish with the laughter of Obed and the sound of the sea.

Emoticons raise smiles and create a sense of happiness in the absence of the real hug. Skype technology means that distant friends can be closer at heart even though you wake when I sleep and sleep when I wake.

A time will come again to smile in the park, have fun when we walk and laugh over dinner! 1st stop - Blue Fish.

Anonymous said...

Oh Honey, it's so good to talk.

Anonymous said...

Virtual Life can be so confusing but in the same time it also can be so exciting. In my case having a virtual boyfriend in a virtual relationship is not easy, that’s why I decide to end it last week. I know this will be hard to take but at least I have tried to be more honest with my self.
Anyway, no matter how great the technology can bring you but still it can not replacing the gladness of being able to see and touch in reality.