I got an email informed me that one of my good friend in high school, is having a very difficult life. Then I managed to get his phone number.
I tried to call him
"Hello.."
"Hallo.. who is this?"
"obed.. can I speak to F****S"
"Who are you?"
"Can i speak to F****S? I am one of his old friend. My name is obed"
"Obed? Obed, the naughty guy which always go church fellowship?"
"Seems correct"
"Obed, the smart one who has a big fight with the history teacher"
"Fight is correct, smart is may be"
"Obed who went to Bandung for uni and his final test score better than me?"
"Ha? How could I remember... are you f***s?"
"Yes,.. you got average 8 something - how can I forget it. I am the one who always study but you got a better score"
"Whoa... how are you? How do you still remember all this things? Still resentment?"
"Hahahaha..."
We talked for more than 15 minutes, he told me about his story. My eyes almost burst to tears.. how he need to survive with 2 kids by only as street singer, no musical instrument but just clapping his hands to find food for his family. Moreover, he also need to cure his depression therefore he can't work. I only can ask him is there anything that I can be in help.
Went to down to OCBC parking area, I quiet for a while thinking of how life that I have... and sometimes I still complain about it. Sometimes I forget that God's cheers and courage always strength me. Sometime I feel like no money,... to buy...to buy... to buy a gym bag from Gucci. Ah, me so shame. Other is still need to fight for food.
God, thank you for today learning. Teach me to always give You thanks. You have given me such a very beautiful life, I just need to enjoy what I have, not what I want.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oalah pak.. so much for the censorship.. U forgot to censor the name on the last one..
I agree, sometimes we complaints, and not realizing that the one that we have is really a blessing for us.
I also remember what you said to me, that we should never be too comfortable with what we have, because we will never know when the good things will end up in a snap of a finger. Now I know what you mean by that.I learn my lessons, and feel bless for everything that i have so far.
Mia, thank you for the reminder. hihi...now censored already :D
Post a Comment