Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mystery box

Do you dare to open your mystery box? Knowing something that may be better if you don’t know what is inside it.

Which one better, knowing the truth but may be you will be disappointed; or NOT knowing at all and let it become "mystery" forever, read as whatever will be will be..

Finally I decided to take the first option. With all the support from my best friends Florence, Brian and Bonge, I opened my mystery box.

1st mystery box

I went together with Brian to do medical check up included USG abdomen, kidney function, liver, ECG for heart, tumour marker for liver, stomach, colon, breast, lung, prostate, blood glucose, thyroid, sexual transmitted diseases and many other things.

“Do you smoke?”
“How many hours you sleep?”
“Any family member has a medical problem?”
“How often do you go exercise?”
“Have you felt any pain in your chest?”
“Are you feeling stress at work?”

OMG, please stop these questions, make me more nervous to wait for the result.

2nd mystery box

I went with Florence for HIV test. The result of the test itself took only 20 minutes, but I was so nervous. These 20 minutes seems like a lifetime.

“What if questions” appeared in my mind. Florence tried to relax me and calm me down

Surprise me that a lot other people queuing for the test, mother, husband, uncle and off course boy and girl which the same age like me.

“Why do you take this test?”
“Have you had this test before?”
“Did you have sex with more than one person?”
“Did you have sex with women only?”
“Did you have sex also with man?”
“Do you practice safe sex?”
“Do you loose weight dramatically this period?”
“Did you share any needles?”
“Did you take any drugs?”
“Are you ready to know whatever the result will be?”

These questions are killing me. Made me more nervous and tension.


THE RESULT of my mystery box:

HIV is negative. Thanks God.

The medical check up result shows that I am health, and all organs are normal. Only I must control my high blood pressure, avoid food rich in cholesterol and stop smoking. Thanks God.

I am so happy and could not be happier; as what people said the most precious thing in life is our health, you can buy the most expensive medicine but not a good health.

Again, THANK YOU GOD.

No comments: