Thursday, April 19, 2007

Stopped by the police

A funny evening with nci lia.

We wanted to go to kelapa gading for my gurame goreng kering ( hmm food again haha ), I drove her car.

In rawamangun intersection, the traffic light was red and I stopped. Finally the green light took its time to be on, car moved, I turned right - car sound system played padi's "menanti sebuah jawaban", we sang loud (jeritan hati) and suddenly the bus was stuck in front of me, can't enter next road due to traffic -the worst case is I was stuck in the middle of intersection until the car from other side moved. I made the other side traffic can't move.

Thereafter, a police came and stopped us. He pull me aside. He asked my Driving license and Car registration and said that I cross the red light. I told him that I didn't, I was in the middle coz' of the bus was stuck; 2 minutes explanation still end up with go to court on 27 April. I told him I can't make it since I need to go to Australia while showing my Aussie ID. At the end, he ask me how to "settle" now. And what happened was I only have Rp 70.000,- in my wallet since I just arrived from Singapore last nite while he asked more than that. Talk and talk and finally the police agree with Rp 70.000,-

To me, I still didn't cross the red traffic light, but the other lesson tonight is not only I am good in business bargain but also to bargain the police :D

15 minutes later, when we entered the restaurant door - we forgot already that we just have been stopped by a police. The sambal mangga was so damn good.

No comments: