Saturday, March 1, 2008

dim sum dollies

I went to see dim sum dollies last Tuesday with Ben, one of wise decision to see singapore play and how they tell audience about singapore itself. Also was my first time to see play in esplanade theatre.

Even though a lot of paying obvious tribute to the Dreamgirls and additional one "chopstick", Dim sum dollies is "delicious" entertainment at its very best - no wonder the tickets are sold out.

Local reference and local joke occupied the whole play, luckily I got mine very best tranlator next to me to explain hahaha... they mixed a lot language from Mandarin, Malay, Cantonese and English.

Hossan Leong’s “Chopstick” was truly amazing, how he can speak in Indian and Malay accent. Delivering every single of his lines with gusto and humour. I like him in Bangladesh worker role and Singapore girl - a great way to fly huahahaha...

I still keep on smiling if I remember the show. Thanks Ben for the ticket.

No comments: