Sunday, June 29, 2008

one year in Singapore

Yeehaaa!! I made perfectly one year in Singapore..

I would say it was an extremely great working experience. May be after working in this country, wherever I go, it is just not good or fast enough

In this very competitive country or well, … kiasu... which the only resource is people. Therefore, everyone is compete with each to each other. Everyone is striving to the top. In a perfect competitive environment, you will get the best of goods / services, but also may find the worst of human attitude... Basically it's just like other countries. There are considerate and very kind people and also there are nasty and rude people, so it all depends on whom you actually encounter.

There are nice people who hold the doors for you, but there are also people who rush into the MRT as soon as the door opens - a competition to see who is the first to go in.

I still remember the first time I moved or relocated here, the first time I met my neighbours, I said “Good morning, how are you?” - like I used to do when I was in Sydney. What happened was they looked at me from top to toe with a strange look like I am the alien hahahaha…..

Working, Eating, Sleeping and Shopping are the best things to do here, while now I can add few like cooking, watching movies, partying and MSN chatting hahaha….

I love to work in Singapore. To retire? Hmmmm….. bali is still the best answer so far.

No comments: